December 13, 2014SteadyMouse Upgrade Survey
SteadyMouse is ten years old this year! I'm considering a major update that would fix bugs
and bring the software into the current decade. The caveat is, for me to make the time to do this, the
new version would not be free (Don't worry, the old versions will remain so).
I plan to set the price based on your feedback. If you're up for it take a second and fill out the quick
form at the link below. If there's enough demand, then it will be a joy to make this happen for you, but I need to know
that you really desire it first.
Download SteadyMouse v1.3 Beta
[1.82 MB] - 23 March 2006
Release Note: Version 1.3 is fully compatible with Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Vista, XP, 2000, and NT. Please send any bugs to me at
Bug Fixes in v1.3:
- Basic (non-admin) users can run SteadyMouse.
- Settings are now saved on a per user basis.
- Fixed a severe problem with the main mutex shared between several threads (Thanks Andrew!).
- Message window text is read-only now.
- Much much more that I don't remember at 11pm on a Thursday.
Download SteadyMouse v1.2 Beta
[1.78 MB] - 30 Oct 2005
Release Note: Version 1.2 is fully compatible with Windows XP, 2000, and NT. Please send any bugs to me at
Bug Fixes in v1.2:
- Windows "Snap To" mouse feature is now functional.
- "Fast User Switching" in XP no longer causes the mouse to stop working.
- Anti-tremor filtering now gets along better with remote desktop connections.
- Locking the desktop no longer causes the mouse to stop working.
- Large fonts don't mess up the "About" window as much.
- Lacking support from older operating systems should not cause the mouse to stop working.