SteadyMouse - Free Versions from 2005 to 2006
WARNING: Regarding bugs in the original free version
The free version is old and has some known bugs. Please be aware that it does NOT always work on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista. As a precaution, during installation do not set SteadyMouse to start automatically with Windows. If the cursor freezes or disappears, you can reboot to get back to normal.
There's a possible workaround for aspects of this if you read through the troubleshooting guide. This guide is written for SteadyMouse 2 (and later), but incidentally helps in mitigating some issues with the free version.
NOTE: These issues are all fixed in SteadyMouse 2 and later.
March 23rd, 2006
Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and NT.Download SteadyMouse v1.3 [1.82 MB]
- Basic (non-admin) users can run SteadyMouse.
- Settings are now saved on a per user basis.
- Fixed a severe problem with the main mutex shared between several threads (Thanks Andrew!).
- Message window text is read-only now.
- Much much more that I don't remember at 11pm on a Thursday.
October 30th, 2005
Compatible with Windows XP, 2000, and NT.Download SteadyMouse v1.2 [1.78 MB]
- Windows "Snap To" mouse feature is now functional.
- "Fast User Switching" in XP no longer causes the mouse to stop working.
- Anti-tremor filtering now gets along better with remote desktop connections.
- Locking the desktop no longer causes the mouse to stop working.
- Large fonts don't mess up the "About" window as much.
- Lacking support from older operating systems should not cause the mouse to stop working.
October 24th, 2005
Compatible with Windows XP, 2000, and NT.Download SteadyMouse v1.1 [1.77 MB]