SteadyMouse 1 - Original Free Version
Known issues and limitations to be aware of:
- Does not support ignoring accidental *left* clicks as the method had not been invented yet.
- On Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 the cursor sometimes goes crazy and flies off the screen. The process has to be killed to get it back. This especially occurs when desktop scaling is enabled.
- On computers with a touch screen, the cursor does not restore properly when transitioning from touch input back to mouse input.
- When restoring the PC from sleep, the cursor sometimes goes missing.
- Anti-tremor filtering does not work with multiple monitors and the cursor is effectively locked to the primary display.
- The filtering is laggier and less advanced, so please know that it only gets better from here.
- Icon targeting only works on the primary display and only finds a small number of target types.
- The "Scroll lock" key, being the only SteadyMouse on/off toggle-key, interferes with programs like Excel.
- Language translations are not supported.
- On some computers the settings panel opens every single time Windows starts up.
- The filter adjustment slider bar hops and skips when being moved by the mouse. This is due to filter reset.
SteadyMouse v1.3 - March 23rd, 2006
Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and NT.Download SteadyMouse v1.3 [1.82 MB]
Bug Fixes v1.3:
- Basic (non-admin) users can run SteadyMouse.
- Settings are now saved on a per user basis.
- Fixed a severe problem with the main mutex shared between several threads (Thanks Andrew!).
- Message window text is read-only now.
- Much much more that I don't remember at 11pm on a Thursday.
- Windows "Snap To" mouse feature is now functional.
- "Fast User Switching" in XP no longer causes the mouse to stop working.
- Anti-tremor filtering now gets along better with remote desktop connections.
- Locking the desktop no longer causes the mouse to stop working.
- Large fonts don't mess up the "About" window as much.
- Lacking support from older operating systems should not cause the mouse to stop working.